November 12, 2021
SE Mutual Insurance Company (SEM) is a well-established growing insurance company that has been serving New Brunswick Policyholders since 1938. Our focus is protecting the interest of our members, by offering insurance coverage and options that are tailored to life in New Brunswick. Operating locally gives us the flexibility to adapt to change and make decisions quickly. It also means that the majority of earned premium dollars (97%) stay right here in New Brunswick. Not many insurance companies can say that. We are proud of our roots and proud to do business on behalf of our member-owners in New Brunswick.
SEM is actively seeking a Claims Manager at our head office in Riverview, NB.
As a Claims Manager you will lead and develop a team of high performing adjusters. You will also investigate, negotiate, and settle claims within our Company and contribute to SEM’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims experience to our Policyholders, according to our proven claims handling guidelines.
- Participate in the development and execution of business goals and manage operations to achieve key business goals
- Drive results by implementing appropriate performance expectations and management through effective coaching and mentoring employees
- Provide effective leadership by continuously keeping Employees informed of changes or new directions and share responsibility for the overall productivity and engagement of Employees
- Understand concepts of coverage, policy interpretation, exposure recognition and liability determination to analyze and move claims towards resolution
- Document files to include all key activities, contacts made, statements taken, scopes, schedules of loss
- Determine the utilization of outside investigators or experts to assist in the review or investigation of more complex claims or claims exceeding authority
- Provide expert opinions to cross-functional departments
- Participate in other projects and initiatives as required
- 5+ years of experience in property claims adjusting
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Independent ability to manage and engage on-site and remote Employees and drive business results
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to drive change and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent investigative, negotiation and analytical skills
- Commitment to self-development
- A generous compensation package including salary, health benefits, and RRSP program
- Opportunity to work with a local growing company that is forward thinking
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with SE Mutual Insurance, please send your resume in confidence by November 12, 2021.