Field Claims Adjuster
December 24, 2021
SE Mutual Insurance Company (SEM) is a well-established growing insurance company that has been serving New Brunswick policyholders since 1938. Our focus is protecting the interest of our members, by offering insurance coverage and options that are tailored to life in New Brunswick. Operating locally gives us the flexibility to adapt to change and make decisions quickly. It also means that the majority of earned premium dollars (97%) stay right here in New Brunswick. Not many insurance companies can say that. We are proud of our roots and proud to do business on behalf of our member-owners in New Brunswick.
SEM is actively seeking a Field Claims Adjuster in New Brunswick.
As a Field Claims Adjuster you will investigate, negotiate and settle claims within our company and contribute to SEM’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims experience to our policyholders, according to our proven claims handling guidelines.
Our team offers the flexibility of working from home or the office.
- Understand concepts of coverage, policy interpretation, exposure recognition and liability determination to analyze and move claims towards resolution
- Manage and document all key activities on a claims file from open to close
- Provide detailed instructions and maintain professional relationships with vendors and service providers
- When required, coordinate the use of outside investigators or experts to assist in the review or quantification of complex claims
- Provide expert opinions to cross-functional departments
- Maintain professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
- Willing to travel as required
- Other duties as may be delegated
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
- 2+ years of insurance claims experience, preferably in property and/or liability
- Has or currently working towards Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation considered an asset
- Adjuster license for the Province of NB (or the ability to obtain) is necessary
- Effective customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly proficient in time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with excellent investigative and analytical skills
- A generous compensation package including salary, health benefits and RRSP program
- Opportunity to work with a local growing company that is forward thinking
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with SE Mutual Insurance, please send your resume in confidence by December 24, 2021.
Submit your resume at: [email protected]